August 2014 wish list

>> Thursday, July 31, 2014

August 5th and 26th are the dates to look forward to this month!


Books I'm definitely planning to get



My Beautiful Enemy, by Sherry Thomas (Aug 5)

I love Thomas' historicals, especially her heroines. The one in this one sounds great. I see the words "cunning" and "daring" in the blurb as good signs!





Lay It Down, by Cara McKenna (Aug 5)

Bikers and motorcycle club books hold no absolutely no appeal for me in theory, but this is Cara McKenna. She's one of a tiny, tiny number of authors who'd sell me such a book.





Heroes Are My Weakness, by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (Aug 26)

Hmmm. I have loads of issues with SEP's books (mainly, the way her heroines always start out humiliated and powerless really gets on my nerves), but I always end up liking them in spite of myself.





The Hot Zone, by Jayne Castle (Aug 26)

The last couple of JAK's books have actually been quite good, with less of the Arcane Society nitty gritty that I found so boring. The Hot Zone blurb sounds interesting, too.




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on



Truly, by Ruthie Knox (Aug 5)

I like Ruthie Knox's books, but I've mixed feelings about the blurb of this one. I'm intrigued by the initial setup (the NFL quarterback is the jerk boyfriend who is dumped at the start, rather than the hero, and what would be "the world's worst marriage proposal"?). But then there's this whole "it’s not every day he meets a genuine, down-to-earth woman like May". I just hope not every other woman in New York is portrayed as fake and money-grubbing.





Dark Skye, by Kresley Cole (Aug 5)

I haven't read Kresley Cole for a while. I'm going to be what sorts of reviews this one gets.





Across the Line, by Kate Willoughby (Aug 11)

I think I like the idea of sports romances more than I actually like the books themselves, but out of the ones I've seen lately, this one sounds most interesting.





A Scandal to Remember, by Elizabeth Essex (Aug 26)

I keep putting Elizabeth Essex's books here, but I haven't yet tried her. I do like the sound of this one (scientist heroine, shipboard romance, desert island!), so it might well be my first one!





The Earl's Mistress, by by Liz Carlyle (Aug 26)

I really like the sound of this one (possibly because one of my favourite of Carlyle's older books involves a heroine employed by the hero and a plot that could have been all about sexual harassment but wasn't). Her latest have been disappointing, but I live in hope.





What I Love About You, by Rachel Gibson (Aug 26)

Similar to the previous SEP book. I'm not completely sure about this one, but we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP