April 2013 wish list

>> Friday, April 05, 2013

As usual lately, a large number of books coming out on the same day.

Books I'm definitely planning to get

Now, this is a good month. Several of these are autobuy authors.


Love Irresistibly, by Julie James (Apr 2)

Yay, another Julie James! I’d buy her books without even checking the blurb, but this one sounds great. I like that the heroine has a job I don’t think I’ve seen before in a romance novel: she’s general counsel for a restaurant company, and the hero wants permission to plant a bug in one of their restaurants.







Let It Be by Kate Noble (Apr 2)

A Kate Noble book, and set in Venice! Squee! I like the sound of the story, too.





The Ashford Affair, by Lauren Willig (Apr 9)

It was mentioned in one of the DBSA podcasts a while ago, and I thought it sounded amazing (Downton Abbey meets Out of Africa, I think SB Sarah said!). Plus, I love the structure Willig uses of separate present-day and historical storylines, which connect to each other.





Whiskey Beach, by Nora Roberts (Apr 16)

Single title Nora Roberts books are always a treat. The description of this one starts out familiar, suggesting it’s going to be the usual romantic suspense, but then “they find themselves caught in a net that stretches back for centuries”, which suggests something a bit different. I’m intrigued.





The Mystery Woman, by Amanda Quick (Apr 23)

I should put it under the “I’ll wait for reviews” section, but who am I kidding? I’m going on the queue at the library as soon as it shows up as ‘on order’. It sounds like exactly the stuff she’s been writing for the past few years.





Wedding Night, by Sophie Kinsella (Apr 23)

This sounds like it could be loads of fun. A couple who suddenly decide to get married, two friends of theirs who think they’re making a mistake and try to stop them, a Greek island setting... I’m so there!




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on



Sweet Madness, by Heather Snow (Apr 2)

I haven’t tried Heather Snow yet, but she seems to write historicals with really unusual heroines. This one seems to be a student of psychology, and it looks like the hero suffers from PTSD.





Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson (Apr 2)

This one sounds like a bit of a departure for Atkinson. The books of hers that I’ve read have been mysteries (albeit quite literary ones). This one is, as far as I can tell, about a woman with an infinite number of lives.





Rush Me, by Allison Parr (Apr 8)

I can’t remember where I heard about this one (I added it to my wish list before it even had a proper release date!), but it does sound interesting (“ how can a Midwestern Irish-Catholic jock with commitment problems and an artsy, gun-shy Jewish New Englander ever forge a partnership?”), and I do like New Adult.


6 comments:

Marg 7 April 2013 at 07:22  

Of these, I am really looking forward to the Willig, the Roberts and the Atkinson!

Rosario 7 April 2013 at 07:34  

I've heard a few radio features on the Atkinson on the bookish programmes I listen to, and I think it's moved to the 'definitely get' section!

Barb in Maryland 9 April 2013 at 16:44  

Just finished the Julie James book. Great read. I think you will not be disappointed. I have the Willig on reserve at the library, as well as the Roberts and the Quick. Sadly, I'm not expecting much from the Quick--the first one in this series was very 'meh' for me. However, I've read everything JAK has ever published (yea verily, even the McFadden and Candlelight Ecstacy Romances), so I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Rosario 10 April 2013 at 06:18  

Oh, brilliant! I've bought the Julie James now, but I read the previous one while on holiday, so I might give it a little bit longer before I start it. And I'm the same as you with JAK. At this point, I think the only way I'd stop reading her is if the books became actively offensive, rather than just meh.

nath 16 April 2013 at 02:53  

Have quite a few books in common ;) I read the Julie James and it was really good :) Can't wait for the new NR tomorrow!

Rosario 17 April 2013 at 06:45  

Nath: I placed myself on my library's wait list for the NR months ago, so I should be able to get it really soon! Good to hear the Julie James is good, I've already picked that one up:)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP