October wish list

>> Saturday, September 29, 2012

Only 3 I know I'm definitely getting, but several interesting-sounding ones this month.

Books I'm definitely planning to get


Tempting the Bride Sherry Thomas (Oct 2)

Helena’s story. I’ve only read (and loved) book 1 so far, but from what I saw of Helena in that book, I’m very interested.




The Duchess War, by Courtney Milan (Oct 19)

I had this one my September wish list, as at the time I put it together, Milan had it marked as “late-middle to late September”. As I said then, I read the prequel novella that sets up this series, and it did its job wonderfully. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy it, it made me really want to read the main trilogy.




Suddenly You, by Sarah Mayberry (Oct 30)

Mayberry is one of the very few category romance authors on my autobuy list. This one also has a hero falling in love with his friend’s ex, which is a trope that appeals to me.




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on


Lost In The Light, by Mary Castillo (Oct 1)

This self-pubbed book sounds interesting. I’m a sucker for the setup of someone restoring an old house and coming across an old, unsolved mystery. The description makes it sound as if the hero is a ghost, though, which I’m not sure about.




One Final Step, by Stephanie Doyle (Oct 2)

I heard Doyle talking about her book on the DBSA podcast a while back, and it sounded interesting. Something she said about an issue it deals with made me add it to the wish list immediately.




Flirting With Intent, by Kelly Hunter (Oct 2)

I want to give Hunter another try. I liked the very funny Wife For A Week, but thought Exposed: Misbehaving With The Magnate was pretty bad (almost as bad as the title. This one... well, the description doesn’t really say much (except for the fact that it’s set in Singapore, which is a draw), so I’ll check out the reviews.




Snowbound In The Earl’s Castle, by Fiona Harper (Oct 2)

I guess I was just curious because it’s a contemporary, when the title makes it sound like a historical.




The Second Seduction of a Lady, by Miranda Neville (Oct 16)

This novella sounds interesting. There's a bet, and I expect a nice bit of grovelling.




Running in the Dark, by Regan Summers (Oct 29)

Ok, the plot sounds like your average urban fantasy, which is not my thing. BUT: it’s set in Santiago, in Chile. Chile!! Most romance novels set in Latin America are either in Mexico or an unspecified jungly location. We in the Southern Cone don’t seem to exist. I have got to read this!




Scorched, by Laura Griffin (Oct 30)

I’ve tried a couple of Griffin’s RS books before and haven’t fully clicked with her writing, but she’s got interesting ideas, so I think I’ll keep trying her.




Stolen, by Shiloh Walker (Oct 30)

Walker is an author I’ve been meaning to try for a while, and this one sounds quite interesting - the type of plot Nora Roberts would do in one of her RS single titles.




The Recruit, by Monica McCarty (Oct 30)

Hmm, not sure about this one. I tend to stay away from Scottish romances, but this one sounds quite interesting, actually (and the Highland Games sound like a fun thing to read about). Plus, I seem to remember hearing good things about McCarty.


Monsoon Wedding Fever, by Shoma Narayanan (Oct 30)

Love the cover! And the plot sounds like fun.

2 comments:

Victoria Janssen 10 October 2012 at 16:28  

I read Scorched for H&H, and really liked it - it was the first time I'd tried that series, so am not sure if it was better than the previous ones.

Rosario 11 October 2012 at 07:07  

That's good to know, thank you!. I do like the sound of it, so I might download the sample and see how it goes.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP