August wish list

>> Tuesday, July 31, 2012

This looks to be another very good month (or a bad one, if you think of my bank account!)

Books I'm definitely planning to get

There's a lot this month. I don't have that many autobuy authors, but a large proportion of them have seen fit to put their books out in August.



Off The Grid, by PJ Tracy (Aug 2)

I’ve been reading through these authors very sparse backlist much too quickly, so I’m glad to see a new one coming out. Sounds like a good one, too, seemingly unconnected murders that turn out to be related, which is something the authors do excellently well.




Within Reach, by Sarah Mayberry (Aug 7)

To be completely honest, with any other author, the plot description would put me off completely and I would never pick it up (single dad, old family friend stepping in to help out -no). But it’s Sarah Mayberry, so I’ll be reading this, whatever it’s about.




Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City, by Meljean Brook (Aug 7)

I love this series, and will read anything Meljean Brook writes.




Close Enough to Touch, by Victoria Dahl (Aug 28)

I love Dahl’s contemporaries. Absolutely adore them. They’re plain contemps, with no suspense subplots, there just aren’t enough of. This one starts a new trilogy, too.




A Lady by Midnight, Tessa Dare (Aug 28)

I hadn’t read Dare for a while, but then I picked up A Week To Be Wicked and it turned out to be one of my favourite books this year. There was quite a lot there setting up this book, and it definitely intrigued me. I'm now reading book 1 and having lots of trouble getting into it, so let's hope this is more like AWTBW.




Books that interest me and I'll keep an eye on

Books I might buy depending on what reviews look like.



Never Stay Past Midnight, by Mira Lyn Kelly (Aug 7)

Heard about this one on twitter. Probably Jane, she makes me spend a lot of money! I'm a sucker for the 'they had a one night stand, but then he wanted more' plot.




A Lady Never Lies, by Juliana Gray (Aug 7)

This was mentioned in one of the DBSA podcasts, and I thought it sounded interesting. I think it was the turn of the century-set car racing element that appealed to me.




Hearts of Darkness, by Kira Brady (Aug 7)

Because Jane raved about it (did I tell you she makes me spend lots of money?), and I’m always up for a fresh and original paranormal.




Dream Lake, by Lisa Kleypas (Aug 7)

I haven’t read the previous one in the Friday Harbor series, but I will at some point (even though I found book 1, really meh). Will keep an eye on this one.




The Sweetness of Forgetting, by Kristin Harmel (Aug 7)

I've liked previous books by Harmel (especially the lovely Italian For Beginners). This one sounds a little bit different, but it could be interesting.




The Square Peg, by Alexa Snow and Jane Davitt (Aug 7)

One of the authors posted on the Dear Author open thread, and it sounds interesting. The first sentence in the description sold it to me: "Benedict, a successful accountant, who’s just been dumped for being boring..."




More Than Words, by Karla Doyle (Aug 17)

Another one from the DA open thread for authors. Sounds cute. Plus, Scrabble!




Hidden Paradise, by Janet Mullany (Aug 21)

I quite liked Mullany’s Dedication, so even though the plot of this one doesn’t sound that great (some sort of naughty themed house party), I’ll keep an eye on reviews.




The Map of Lost Memories, by Kim Fay (Aug 21)

A treasure hunt. In Cambodia. In 1925. Enough said!




A Study in Seduction, by Nina Rowan (Aug 28)

The description refers to the heroine being able to “solve the most complex puzzles”, which intrigues me.




Every Day, by David Levithan (Aug 28)

Because I read AnimeJune's review and it sounds amazing.

5 comments:

Seccionista 1 August 2012 at 15:51  

Great idea for a post Ro, although my bank account won't thank you as much as I do... I've been quite lost in what's been published lately and what is being published in upcoming months so this is a very welcome post.

PJ Tracy is already on my radar, one day I'll get to it. Tessa Dare and Meljean Brook are also on my to try list since you like them so much.

I used to read everything Lisa Kleypas wrote but I haven't read her since she turned to contemporaries. I guess I'll give these ones a try eventually.

Rosario 3 August 2012 at 06:46  

Ana, I think I've probably told you before, but given the authors you like, I think you'd really, really like PJ Tracy! And I do encourage you to try Brook and Dare.

Seccionista 3 August 2012 at 13:02  

I'm trying to organise my readings so I can get to all these new authors ;-)

nath 10 August 2012 at 02:07  

isn't it great when there is a lot of releases? At least, you can choose and leave... Unlike waiting and being bored out of your mind LOL.

I'm definitively going to check out the Meljean Brook. Not sure yet about the Lisa Kleypas, Tessa Dare and Victoria Dahl...

Rosario 10 August 2012 at 07:48  

Nath: And with ebooks, I can always come back and get them some months later!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP