Back!

>> Tuesday, February 01, 2011

After a wonderful month spent visiting with my family in Uruguay, mostly sitting by the pool or at the beach in Punta del Este, I'm back in a surprisingly mild and sunny Liverpool.

It was a great holiday on the reading front, too. I haven't read this much in ages, and I think it must have been in part thanks to my new Kindle. I've had a perfectly serviceable Sony 505 for the past couple of years, so I really didn't have any excuse to update, but I'm weak, and I got the Kindle as a Christmas present for myself. And after actually trying it out, I'm very glad I did. With the Sony, I was pretty much indifferent between paper and e, with paper maybe slightly edging out e. With the Kindle, I much prefer reading on it than on paper. Really, much better by far, and I didn't think I'd ever get to that point. And that's not even to mention the free internet (there's surprisingly good 3G coverage in Uruguay).

I mentioned I read a lot, and I also read a bit of everything. Last year my reading had a bit of a theme, as I read lots of stuff with religious overtones (even quite a few books with members of the clergy as protagonists). This year, I can't really see anything. Can anyone?

Cold Sight, by Leslie Parrish
The Demon's Daughter, by Emma Holly
Unguarded, by Tracy Wolff
What The Gentleman Wants, by Caroline Linden
I Heard Him Exclaim, by ZA Maxfield
Ella Enchanted, by Gail Carson Levine
Vanish, by Tess Gerritsen
Troubled Waters, by Sharon Shinn
Kiss of a Demon King, by Kresley Cole
Unforgiveable, by Laura Griffin
Magic Bites, by Ilona Andrews
Midnight Crystal, by Jayne Castle
A Midnight Clear, by Kristi Astor
Local Custom, by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
Here Comes The Groom, by Karina Bliss
Infamous, by Suzanne Brockmann
Nothing But Trouble, by Rachel Gibson
Postmortem, by Patricia Cornwell
The Murders of Richard III, by Elizabeth Peters
The Bellini Bride, by Michelle Reid
Covet, by JR Ward
Fair Play, by Deirdre Martin
Wild at Heart, by Jane Graves
In Too Deep, by Jayne Ann Krentz
Bonds of Justice, by Nalini Singh

Expect reviews of these in the next few weeks!

4 comments:

Li,  4 February 2011 at 21:09  

Welcome back!  Glad the transition back to the UK wasn't too much of a shock and I'm glad you're happy with the Kindle  :)

And I'm looking forward to reading about your take on the books you've just listed - some of my favs there as well as books I've been curious about.

rosario001,  6 February 2011 at 08:55  

Thank you! The Kindle is absolutely fantastic. What did you do with your old Sony? I tried to give it to my mum, but when I started explaining about DRM and how to load books onto it, her eyes glazed over and she said she didn't need the trouble :( . I'll probably just end up putting it up on ebay...

Li,  8 February 2011 at 20:57  

Sigh, I can identify - my Sony's gathering dust at the moment.  I was going to give it to my sister, but she ended up getting a Kindle of her own (and is super-happy with it as well!) so I'm not sure now...

rosario001,  8 February 2011 at 21:10  

I tried my sister as well... I actually gave her my Ebookwise when I upgraded to my Sony, but then she never used it. Ingrate!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP