>> Friday, July 18, 2003

Today's questions from Friday Five. I've just realized I'm much too uptight!

1. When was the last time you cheated?

If this means cheat on a boyfriend, never, and I don't think I ever would. This is Uruguay, a whole country that is actually a small town. If you ever want to do something in Uruguay that you don't want anyone to know about, just don't do it.

Other kinds of cheating, yes. *cringing* I cheated playing solitaire yesterday. How pathetic is that?

2. When was the last time you stole?

This has haunted me for the last 19 years.

It was 1984, and I was in 1st grade. Our teacher, Mrs. Zanoni, had organized a "reading day". Each of us had to bring reading material in English from home and we'd swap during the class. A girl named Carla brought a Donald Duck comic (I still remember the cover: dark blue with a picture of Donald wearing a blue-striped shirt) but someone grabbed it before I could. By the end of the class, I still hadn't been able to get my hands on it, and I really wanted to read it, so I took it from Carla's backpack when noone was looking and took it home in mine.

3. When was the last time you lied?

Earlier this week. A friend called me to go shopping with her and I made up an excuse. I love her, but buying clothes with her is hell. It takes hours, for one thing. She goes into every single store, tries on everything in each of them, makes the store employees make countless trip to the storage area and then leaves without buying anything.

4. When was the last time you broke or vandalized another's property?

I don't remember ever doing something like that. I've been tempted (oh, the cruel things I've thought of doing to my brother's drums!), but I've never actually gone ahead with any of my nefarious plans.

5. When was the last time you hurt a loved one?

I'm sometimes horribly mean to my dad. He'll offer to do something for me, and when I tell him it's not necessary, thanks, I've got everything under control, he starts insisting and insisting to help and I start getting frustrated because I really can handle it and I end up yelling at him to stop bothering me. And then he looks all hurt and I feel guilty, because he was just trying to help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP