>> Sunday, June 15, 2003

Fun chore for Sunday morning: I've been going through my bookshelves looking for books to add to my Trade List.

So far I've found:

  • To the Ends of the Earth, by Elizabeth Lowell: this one was first published in 1983, and it's pretty much vintage Lowell. It feels very, very dated. I remember it had a nice grovel scene at the the end, and that's why I was keeping it. To be honest, I don't think I could bear to read the book again in order to get to the grovel scene, so into my TL it goes.
  • The Bride Fair, by Cheryl Reavis: I don't seem to be able to connect to Reavis' characters. This book was interesting, but I never cared about the characters and what was happening to them. I also remember being bothered by the brattish children.
  • A Place to Call Home, by Deborah Smith: I know many people love this one, but I didn't really like it. I kinda liked the first part, IIRC, but the second half was bo-ring! I'm not really a fan of Southern fiction (understatement of the year!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP