>> Thursday, March 13, 2003

Ok, geek time. I've been playing with spreadsheets, and I've now entered the info of what I read on my vacation into my records (wow, that sounds important!). As I mentioned, total number of books read: 30. Some conclusions:

Authors
The author I read the most (as it must be obvious to anyone who reads this, was Jayne Ann Krentz in all her pseudonyms. I read 9 JAKs, 4 Amanda Quicks and 1 Stephanie James: a grand total of 14, almost half of what I read.

Rereads
Though I felt I'd been doing a lot of rereading, in fact I reread the same proportion as I did in the over 2 years I've been keeping track of my reading: 30% of the total.

Genres:
The genre where I read the most was Category Romance, with 12 (40%), but that was probably because I read 8 of JAK's, mostly the original Harlequin editions. After that, 7 books (23%) were European Historicals, 5 (17%) were Suspense or Mystery (all 5 with a romantic thread, but concentrating mostly on other stuff), 4 (13%) were Contemporary Romance. I also read a Science Fiction Romance (one of JAK's) and an Anthology.

Grades:
Since I basically read stuff I had been saving for my vacation because I knew I'd like it, I did very, very well. No real duds: the lowest grade was C+, for 2 books. The others were mostly in the B range, with quite a few As: 8. Three of those were rereads, but I got 5 new As! Those were (go here to read what I wrote about each of these books. If it's not there yet, it's because I haven't written anything yet):

  • The Shadowy Horses, by Susanna Kearsley: A+
  • Death in Kashmir, by MM Kaye: A
  • Lord of the Silent, by Elizabeth Peters: A
  • Gallant Waif, by Anne Gracie: A-
  • True Colors, by Jayne Ann Krentz: A
It's especially interesting that all the books which got A+ or A I'd labeled Suspense-Mystery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP