>> Thursday, January 02, 2003

I'm back! Happy New Year, everyone! I'm dead on my feet. I stayed up late last night watching Gran Hermano and I got up early today (had to drive straight to work from Punta del Este), so it's my own fault, I guess.

No celebration on New Year for me this time. Blame my gluttony. We were on the way to Punta on Tuesday when we stopped in Atlantida (about 50 km to the east of Montevideo) for lunch. Before I got into the car, I told my dad I'd grab one white chocolate truffle for dessert from the box we had stashed behind my seat in the car. Problem was, most of the backseat was full of stuff, so I had to do that from outside the car.

While I was getting that damned truffle, dad apparently forgot I was still out of the car and started driving... right over my left foot! But he didn't just roll over it, no! I shrieked the moment I felt the car on my foot, so he just stopped the car as soon as he heard me, on my foot. I kept screaming and when he looked at me, his face was so funny I just started laughing like a loon. Between screaming and laughing, I never told him what was going on, so we stayed in that position for a good 10 seconds: he staring at me in horror, me half laughing half crying, with my foot under the wheel.

Finally, I recovered enough to tell him to reverse. Lucky the car was my mom's, a tiny Suzuki Maruti, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Still, my foot felt numb for about an hour and is still tender. Hence, no dancing for me on January 1st.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP