>> Tuesday, October 15, 2002

I simply adored The Snake, The Crocodile and The Dog. An A from me. As soon as I finished it, I literally had to stop myself from grabbing the next one in the series and starting to read it immediately.

Incredibly, a large part of the plot is Emerson's amnesia. Shades of the worst type of category romances, no? But it was really good. This allowed Peters to go back in time, in a sense, and to have Amelia and Emerson court again, and back in Amarna (the setting of the first book) too. All this in the context of a very entertaining plot. The only thing that bothered me was the resolution. Having Cyrus turn out to be Sethos in disguise was a bit iffy, IMO. Almost like cheating on Peters' part.

I was a bit disappointed in the beginning to see that Ramses wasn't accompanying them in this particular trip. As I've mentioned, Ramses is usually one of the best elements of these books. However, Ramses was there through his letters, with the added bonus that this way he was (finally!) allowed to express himself without interruptions on his mother's part. :-D

I'll do my best to restrain myself from reading The Hippopotamus Pool as soon as I finish what I'm presently reading. I don't want to read them all back to back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP