Lawman's Redemption, by Marilyn Pappano

>> Wednesday, September 25, 2002

I'm starting a book by Marilyn Pappano, now: Lawman's Redemption.

Book description:

"Canyon County Undersherrif Brady Marshall hadn't planned on fatherhood, but when fourteen-year-old Les came to town claiming to be his daugher, his plans changed. Alone and in danger, Les needed help and -more important- a family. And Brady needed his old flame Hallie Madison to make that happen... "
Posted later...

Finished Lawman's Redemption and it was good, a B.

Actually, in the beginning, I thought it was going to be too tawdry and dark for me, but I finally liked it. I warmed up to Brady, who I hadn't liked at first, though I kept picturing him without a moustache. And Hallie was nice, though a little too doormat-ish and willing to do too many favours for a man with whom she had basically no relationship yet.

The suspense angle was total crap though. It made absolutely no sense that they didn't realize those goons were obviously looking for something of Lexy's (they tossed Brady's house, duh!), and tried to find out what it was that was so important to them. Luckily, the suspense didn't overwhelm the love story, which was nice.

One final thing that bothered me was the extreme evil of the bad guys. Sandra, for instance, was almost cartoonish in her evilness, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Oh, and I'm totally pissed at the marketing imbecile who wrote the blurb to this. WTF are you doing, mentioning his "daughter"'s kidnapping when said kidnapping occurs on page 210 of a 250 page book? Idiot!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP